"I don't wake up looking like this, I need stuff to look like this" - Carrie Bradshaw
Like Carrie, I need stuff to to look like the way I am before heading out the door. However, I enjoy a warm shower (sometimes a really long warm shower) in the morning, leaving me with no time for a full makeup routine.
So, what a girl got to do? For me, it is about nailing my base right. I will leave my less-than-a-minute winged liner routine on the train.
These are my current favourites products for my version of the perfect base:
1. After I washing and exfoliating face, I pat on Dr Jart's Ceramidin Liquid (not pictured), an amazing fuss free hydrating serum that sinks in quickly and cools the skin.
2. My trusted Glossier Priming Moisturiser is a perfect moisturiser for dehydrated but oily skin types, primes the skin for foundation. For eyes, the Grown Alchemist Intensive Hydra Eye Repair balm is hydrating, not too thick nor greasy.
3. Probably the best facial sunscreen that I have tried is Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face Suncreen hydrating, smooth and lightweight.
4. Depending on how dry my skin feels, I will add a tiny bit of Make Up For Ever Hydrating Primer or just go straight to the Make Up For Ever Smoothing Primer to lessen the appearance of pores. I choose these guys is because I believe in using the same brand for both primer and foundation, they just work well together.
5. Before jumping into the foundation, I will add some colour correctors on spots/marks. I am so glad that I invested in the Urban Decay Naked Skin Colour Correcting Fluid in green and peach (the last time I checked, this is not available in Australia) - they are lightweight and blendable.
6. My favourite foundation at the moment which is the very popular MUFE Ultra HD foundation. The consistency is amazing - lightweight, very blendable, lightweight but at the same time offers a really good coverage and leaves a beautiful satin finish on the skin. I like applying the foundation with fingertips and then blend with a damp Beauty Blender.
4. Glossier Stretch Concealer works wonderfully for dry under eyes. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is an amazing full coverage concealer for spots that is not too drying. I then finish off with a Laura Mercier Translucent powder.
Shop the products below: